We comply with health and safety regulations and the Welfare Requirements of the EYFS in making our setting a no-smoking environment – both indoor and outdoor.
- All staff, parents and volunteers are made aware of our no-smoking policy.
- We display no-smoking signs.
- The no-smoking policy is stated in our information brochure for parents.
- We actively encourage no-smoking by having information for parents and staff about where to get help to stop smoking if they are seeking this information.
- Staff who smoke do not do so during working hours unless on a break and off the premises. Staff are not permitted to smoke in their uniforms.
- Staff who smoke during their break make every effort to reduce the effect of the odour and lingering effects of passive smoking for children and colleagues.