At Little Wombatz we want every child to understand that they are loved and valued and will provide them with a safe environment where they can grow and thrive.
We believe that play is fundamental to the way that children learn and we will encourage children to play in a variety of different ways.
- To provide a secure, welcoming and caring environment where all children will feel happy, confident and encouraged to learn and develop.
- To enable the children to form a secure attachment with their key person.
- To help the children understand that they are valued for their own sake.
- To promote the seven areas of Learning and Development (as defined by the Early Years Foundation Stage) through enquiry, problem solving and the use of all available resources both inside and outside.
- To foster and develop each child’s social and moral awareness, encouraging tolerance and sensitivity towards other people and the environment.
- To give our children the opportunity not only to be creative and expressive but also to develop an awareness and appreciation of aesthetic qualities.
- To provide opportunities for each child’s physical development through a variety of activities and to help the children learn about healthy living.
- To provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of gender, race, belief and ability.
- To promote a partnership amongst the setting, parents, children and the wider community.
- To provide an inclusive environment in which we will identify and cater for individual needs in order to enable and encourage our children to achieve their full potential through an individualised programme for each child.
- To promote confidence, self-discipline and motivation in our children to help them become independent and ready for school